CHIESI VENTURES PRIVACY STATEMENT
Chiesi Ventures, (hereafter “Chiesi Ventures) collects Personal Data (as defined below) in order to serve you and communicate with you. Chiesi Ventures respects the privacy of visitors to this website and this Privacy Statement explains how Chiesi Ventures collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Data through this website.
This Privacy Statement applies to the operation of the website www.chiesiventures.com.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION AS SET FORTH IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
1. Types of Personal Data Chiesi Ventures May Collect
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to “Personal Data.” Personal Data is any information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with such Personal Data. Examples of types of Personal Data that we may collect include the following:
• Contact Data, which includes your IP or data you voluntarily submit to us like your name, email address, mailing address, email address or phone numbers;
• Statistical Data. To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, methods used to browse away from the page, and location information.
2. How Chiesi Ventures Collects Personal Data
In most cases, we collect Personal Data directly from you that you voluntarily submit to us. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as submitting your business plan to us. We may collect additional data from other sources, such as public records, and/or from social media sites such as Facebook.
3. How Chiesi Ventures Uses Personal Data
Chiesi Ventures may use your Personal Data for its business purposes, such as:
• To respond to your requests for information;
• If you submitted your business plan toChiesi Ventures, to develop our business relationship with you;
• To monitor and analyze our website usage.
4. When and Why Personal Data Is Disclosed by Chiesi Ventures
Chiesi Ventures does not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data with third parties. Chiesi Ventures will share your Personal Data only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, we may share your Personal Data as follows:
• We may share your Personal Data with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Data and only use your Personal Data in accordance with our instructions.
• We may also disclose your Personal Data where needed to investigate legal issues, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
• We may also disclose your Personal Data when requested under legal process or otherwise required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
• We may also disclose your Personal Data to try to protect you against, and to prevent, fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites), and claims and other liabilities.
For example, when you visit our website, we may place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store data or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
To learn about how chiesiventures.com manages cookie, follow this link: https://chiesiventures.com/cookie-policy/
6. Social Media Plug-ins
This website uses social medial plugins (e.g.,LinkedIn page link) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., LinkedIn) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media websites to share data about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. Chiesi Ventures does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
7. Access and Correction
Chiesi Ventures takes reasonable measures to maintain updated and accurate Personal Data and we respect your right to access and correct your Personal Data. You may update your Personal Data at any time by contacting us online at Info@chiesiventures.com providing your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change(s) you would like to make.
8. Data Security
Chiesi Ventures has implemented a data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Data from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. However, no system is completely secure or error-free. We do not, and cannot, guarantee the complete security of your personal information.
9. Consent to Processing in the United States and Elsewhere
This site is owned and operated by Chiesi Ventures in the United States, but the data you provide will be accessible to business partners in other countries. Furthermore, if you are visiting this site from another country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of data across international boundaries. The level of legal protection for Personal Data is not the same in all countries. However, we will take the security measures described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your data secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your data in the course of our business operations.
10. Children’s Privacy
Chiesi Ventures websites and applications are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data of anyone under the age of 16. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us online at Info@chiesiventures.com so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate data.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will only use Personal Data in the manner described in this Privacy Statement in effect when the data was collected from you. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our site. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will either notify you or place a prominent notice on our website. If at any point, we decided to use Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be given a choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your personally identifiable data, beyond that which was stated in this Privacy Statement at the time your data was collected.
You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site on and/or after the effective date means that the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated Policy.
12. Massachusetts Privacy Rights
13. How to Contact Us and Your Rights
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement.
You may contact us at Info@chiesiventures.com at any time to request access to the personal data we hold about you, to correct any mistakes or to request deletion of the same or withdraw your consent to certain types of processing of your personal data. If such a request places Chiesi Ventures or its business partners in breach of its obligations under applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice, then Chiesi Ventures may not be able to comply with your request. However, you may be able to request that we block the use of your personal information for further processing. You may also have a right to data portability to another data controller under certain circumstances.
If you choose to contact us via mail at the address below, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about your request.